axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Heitz" <Martin.He...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject how to configure typemapping of java.sql.Time to xsd:time?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:39:24 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know how to configure the java type java.sql.Time to
xsd:time.
Currently it automatically gets converted into a xsd:dateTime (probably
because java.sql.Time extends java.sql.Date).

On the client side I manage to deal with the problem by providing an own
Deserializer. But I do not know how to configure a Serializer on the
server side, if trying to define one for xsd:date I always receive the
exception:
11:35:39,959 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not start deployment:
file:/D:/jboss-3.2.5/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp16950codewednesday.ear
-contents/codewednesday.ws
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not deploy axis
descriptor.; - nested throwable:
(org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDException: javax.xml.rpc.J
AXRPCException: Null qualified name specified.
javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: Null qualified name specified.
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl.internalRegister(TypeMappingImp
l.java:273)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl.register(TypeMappingImpl.java:2
55)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.deployTypeMapping(WSDDServic
e.java:560)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.initTMR(WSDDService.java:267
)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDService.<init>(WSDDService.java:247)
        at
org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDeployment.<init>(WSDDDeployment.jav
a:243)
        at org.jboss.net.axis.Deployment.<init>(Deployment.java:79)
        at
org.jboss.net.axis.server.AxisService.start(AxisService.java:491)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:836)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:828)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:645)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:608)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.ReflectedDispatcher.dispatch(ReflectedDispatcher.jav
a:60)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:61)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:53)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.jav
a:185)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:473)
        at
org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:176)
        at $Proxy7.deploy(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentSc
anner.java:304)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScan
ner.java:460)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doS
can(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:201)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loo
p(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:212)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run
(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:191)

My typemapping in the webservice.xml looks like this:
		<typeMapping qname="xsd:time"
			xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
			languageSpecificType="java:java.sql.Time"

serializer="com.essencio.codewednesday.axis.TimeSerializerFactory"

encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" />

Thanks for your time and best regards from sunny Black Forest, Germany,
   Mattin

Martin Heitz
Distributed Network Accounting Team

Elsag Solutions AG