axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [wsm]does xmlbeans replace Axis's java2wsdl?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:11:20 GMT
fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jcolwell@speakeasy.net <jcolwell@speakeasy.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:56:55 +0000
Subject: Re: [wsm]does xmlbeans replace Axis's java2wsdl?
To: Beehive Developers <beehive-dev@incubator.apache.org>

Excellent question, the intent is to create an implementation of
JSR-181 with a core that is not dependent on any particular Web
Service stack but can be integrated with one or more web service
stacks to provide annotation support.

To answer your question more directly, using the wsdl.WSDLProcessor,
one can create an instance of our WSM object model from a WSDL and
vice-versa but we have yet to write code to support the actual java
generating portion required for a true WSDL2Java tool.  In the case of
java2WSDL, it is unclear whether it makes sense to use XmlBeans to
write out the WSDL unless the types used within that WSDL are
themselves XmlBeans rather than arbitrary Java types.

I have been using these utilities within wsdl.WSDLProcessor in our drt
testing to verify that the AXIS specific components are functioning as
intended but have been focusing on getting the AXIS integration
working so we have a functioning annotated web service before worrying
about the details of an AXIS independent java2WSDL/WSDL2Java tool.

Cheers,

Jonathan