axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2] - OM and MTOM
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:23:08 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>Alek, the MTOMness is only known via the WSDL.

interesting - so MTOM is bound now to WSDL?

> We currently don't assume
>that at the point of OM building we don't have WSDL info .. except when the
>payload is being pulled thru the properly typed interface. In that case
>we do have it and we can do the right thing.

if SOAP payload is in multipart-mime HTTP message would it not be strong
enough (sufficient?) indication that it may be  MTOM?

moreover on server side when service is deployed we can indicate if it
supports MTOM or not - right?

so in this case WSDL is only needed on client side to automatically turn
on MTOM support?

still i think on client side we can have in SOAP2 API way to manually
turn MTOM on?

thanks,

alek