axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Choi Jongjin" <gunsn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Closed: (AXIS-1598) Generated Java artifacts name for Schema Anonymous type
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:36:15 GMT
Dear Dims, Jarek, Ias,

I know the AXIS-1598 will break the existing applications.
But I think JAX-RPC compliance is important for Axis.  (SAAJ compliance is
too. :-> )

The axis developers may decide to defer this feature until Axis 1.3 or
later.
But when it comes, the same problem will occur.

What about having a compliance option for wsdl2java,
the possible values are 'axis-classic', 'jaxrpc11'.
I'd like to have the default as 'jaxrpc11' from Axis 1.2.
This option can help the migration as much as possible.

I think there are serveral points where Axis does not follow the jaxrpc
1.1.
It seems that whenever the jax-rpc compliance patch is applied,
the backward compatibility issue will be arisen as in this case.
The name collision issue below by ias is another JAX-RPC compliance
problem.

/Jongjin.

ps.
Additional test cases will be needed for this. (eg. test/wsdl)