axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] OM - SAAJ like API support for OM
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 05:42:05 GMT
> If we try to wrap OM with this API there is memory foot print problem. As
> here we are trying to give an API for existing OM. For example if we try
> access an OMElement as a HeaderElement, we have to make HeaderElement a
> wrapper of OMElement. One might argue that this is not good for memory
> footprint. But this will ease the task of OM User.

> The second option is to create HeaderElement like objects in the parser
> level. (Earlier in the parser level we were only creating Objects of
> OMElements, etc.), But if we try to do this, the performance of the object
> model construction will degrade due to the String comparisons we have to do
Why there is string comparsions, I think we decide that we burn the
SOAP in to OM, then we know in the doucment
1) outer element is Envelope if not error
2) check second one is Header/Body
3) Parse to OM only inside the Header or OM
So I think we can hav the Header element and build it without much trouble.
I prefer 2#
Thanks
Srinath