axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From HaoRan Zheng <hrzh...@gmail.com>
Subject Can OM with differed building really be so effective in Axis2?
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 06:24:11 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry for bothering everybody. I'm not sure whether this question is
appropriate for this maillist. If not, please apprise me and I'll
never commit it again:)

I'm very interested in Axis2 and I know performance is a big goal of
Axis2. But, I really wonder whether the differed building can help to
enhance the performance a lot AT SERVER SIDE. My suspicion is based on
the follow  points:

(a). Almost all the SOAP services need the parsed SOAP envelope (the
echoXML sample service maybe an exception), so differed building does
not mean no building. That is to say, parsing and building is
unavoidable mostly.
(b). At server side, we won't design any unnecessary arguments. So we
need parse the SOAP message entirely; even partial parsing won't be
feasible at server side.

I know it is an improvement to choose the pull-parsing with StAX. At
least it is one-time parsing while Axis 1.x used the replay mechanism
to process the pre-parsed SAX events. But I do want to know, how much
performance enhancement can benefit from the OM with differed
building? Could anyone explain it to me? Thank you so much!

Regards,
HR, Zheng