axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chintha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Changed OMNode
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 04:30:35 GMT
Yes, we wanted to make this immutable, so do namespaces.

Regards,
Chinthaka
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shahi, Ashutosh
  To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 8:46 PM
  Subject: RE: [Axis2] Changed OMNode

  OK, I have managed to overcome this issue by calling the get/set methods based on the NodeType.
I think that should be the correct way as well.

  But I still have a question. There are no setter methods in OMText. We just have constructor
and get methods. The way I am doing right now is calling the discard() method followed by
calling a new constructor. But calling a set method directly for text will definitely be more
efficient. Any reasons why a set method should be avoided here?

  -Ashutosh