axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] Axis2 phases
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 15:33:40 GMT
Hi all;

We finally came up with some meaningful set of phases for Axis2, The behavior of that is very
interesting there we have two set of phase group

  1.. System defined phases: where in the default server.xml we specified them and system
user dose not allowed to change them if some one changes that at the deployment time it will
check that and if so throw an exception.
  2.. User defined phases:  This set is really needed for the module authors, if they want
to define module specific phase they can do that in that user defined phases.

In this model we spilt a flow into two part , first part consists of phases form TransportIn
phase to PostDispatch pahse (including that ) when we come to that point we should have find
the requested operation ( service) then we ask second part of the flow from that  and invoke
those phases.

(The attached figure will describe all the system pre defined phases and user defined phases)

MessageValidator : Phase is the phase that check to see whether must understand attribute
of headers have process correctly .

MessageProcessor : Phase is the phase that really process the message who is going to touch
the pay load.

Comments ..

Deepal