axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject RE: [Axis2]Addressing Module & Client Side[Blocker]
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 14:36:18 GMT

Hi Srinath:

Here's how I look at this.

Modules are just as important on the client side as they are on the server side, so we should
have an easy mechanism to do two
things - 1) put modules (either as expanded directories or mar files) onto some kind of path
(either CLASSPATH or AXISPATH) so that
they can easily be shared system-wide, and 2) package modules inside jars (so I can build
someone a custom axis2.jar which will have
WSA version X, WSS version Y, and WSRM version Z all built in, for example).

So essentially, I think we should continue to think of addressing as a module, and just bake
it in to the axis2.jar by default.
Something like:

axis2.jar
 -> org/
 -> modules/
  -> ws-addr-2005-05/ (expanded)
  -> ws-sec-2004-09.mar (archive)

And then we provide build options to bake in mars (or not).

Connected to this (thing #1 above), I want to enable dumping a mar into /usr/local/axis/modules,
and as long as I've got that dir on
my AXISPATH/CLASSPATH (not sure which), I enable support for those mars.

Thoughts?

--Glen