axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] OMElement API notes
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 02:33:22 GMT

Hi Jaya,

I also expected the same reply :) :).

See my comments below.

> Hi Eran!
> I predicted this reply :-)
> Then, at least the names should be changed. Otherwise
> readability&usability of code is at stake.
> We can have
> public Iterator getAttributesNS(OMNamespace ns) to do what you wanted to
> do.
>
> And when syntactically only one attribute with a given qname
> (namespace + localname) can exist in an element, calling a
> getFirstAttribute(qname) wouldn't look nice.

You can construct a QName *only* giving the localName. So if I call
getAttributes(new QName("localName")), you will get all the attributes with
the same name, but with different namespace in a particular element.
Well, at the sametime I know that this is a rare situation ;).

Anyway, I like to have a method to get all the attributes with a given
namespace, with a given local name, with a give namespace uri. So the
intention behind me providing that method was to answer that.

Any suggestions for a different signature to cater the above problem ??

> Can its signature be
> changed to
> public OMAttribute getAttribute(QName qname)

Nope this will return only the first matching one *only*. What is there are
more than one in a particular element ??

So for this purpose I have put

+ getFirstAttribute(QName):OMAttribute

Regards,
Chinthaka