axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2]OMOutput and the dependancy on Java Mail jar [Is it Acceptable?]
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:48:41 GMT
On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 19:27 +0600, Srinath Perera wrote:
> To Sum from all I like to purpose following
>
> 1) Lets have that final boolean enable removing the code that has
> dependancy in the compile time
> 2) Inside the block we will do reflection and and check for the
> classes if they are missing use code that do not do MTOM.

No no .. that's not what I was suggesting .. put the flag and because
its a static flag the compiler will not even put the other code in; it
simply cannot run. So no need to do reflection - just put it wrapped
around a static const and then the class will load just fine without the
JavaMail and Activation jars being around at runtime.

> I like to purpose to make OMOutput a interface and put a factory that
> pick the MTOM dependent or independent OMOutput impl accordingly. And
> do the same for OMCharacter if needed.

??? OMOutput has nothing depending on the OM implementation .. what are
the different OMOutput implementations doing thru this factory?

-1 until proven wrong :).

Sanjiva.