axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Pimentel <mark.pimen...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Google Summer Student Project with Axis2
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:40:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in doing a student project with Axis2 for Google's
Summer of Code program, an initiative aimed at introducing students to
Open Source Software Development
(http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html).  I've wanted to become
involved with an open source project for a while now, and think that
this would be an excellent chance to contribute to Apache.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in working with me in an
advisor role, or if you have ideas for possible summer projects.  I
found a list of tasks on the Wiki (FrontPage/Axis2/Tasks), and am
interested in several of them, but don't know if they're already being
tackled by someone.

More about me: I'm a rising senior at Carnegie Mellon University,
majoring in Electrical & Computer Engineering.  I've done previous
work with web applications and web services, and consider myself a
flexible programmer.  Of recent note, two friends and I took second
place in the national (US) finals of Microsoft's ImagineCup Software
Design Competition two weeks ago.  My part of the project included
implementing .NET web services with a Pocket PC.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Mark

--