axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Charnoky <n...@nextbus.com>
Subject Re: http keepalive for axis clients?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:21:26 GMT
I dug around in the code a bit to get my answer.  In case others need
help, here's the deal: org.apache.axis.soap.SOAPConnectionImpl creates a
new Call object every time SOAPConnection.call() is invoked.  Thus, it
is impossible to reuse a socket connection and make use of http/1.1
keepalives.

I got around this problem by chucking my SAAJ client code and using
Axis's JAX-RPC DII interfaces instead.  By creating my own Call object,
I found I could keep a socket open to the webserver I am polling.

noky