axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2]XPath support for OM
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:48:26 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 12:11 +0600, Ajith Ranabahu wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>Yep, the withNS test case is commented purposely. I couldn't make it
>>work (considering the fact that this piece of code was written in 2
>>hours last night :)). Will look at it soon.
>>

>The example in
>	http://cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/chapters/ch16s07.html
>looked straightforward; HTH.
>

>>Yes I checked out JXpath also. From the surface it seems that JXpath
>>is slightly more complicated to extend than Jaxen. But I will surely
>>look at JXPath as a possibility too.
>>

>OK.
>

>>I also feel that it is nice to have a "add on code base" where users
>>can browse and find any interesting piece of addon for their need, Say
>>XPath interpreter for OM etc. +1 if we are going to do that :)
>>

>Yeah we need something like the module stuff for other parts too ..
>anyone have any bright ideas?

this is just practical experience from doing: the real difficulty is
tracking and enforcing declared dependencies (especially during build).

it is also nice to have web page with list of addons (modules) with
short description and example how to use it - i have developed something
like that for xmlpull (http://www.xmlpull.org/v1/doc/addons.html)

alek