axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2] databinding setting [Re: [Axis2]Databinding Notes
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:24:17 GMT
jayachandra wrote:

>Sounds reasonable to me for now.
>Even in Axis 1.x if user wishes to ser and deser a particular part of
>SOAP message as per a different data binding standard,

what about parts of message - if i want to databind only some specific
headers? and to have one header databound with Castor, another with
Xmlbeans and read SOAP:BODY as StAX event stream that i pipeline into
yet another data binding if needed (for example if data is to be stores
into database)?

> he must have
>the intelligentia to code the ser and deser factory for that data
>binding mechanism. Castor serializer and deserializer factories are
>some that got place inside axis code like that, if my understanding is
>correct.

XmlBeans and Castor can generate all code that is needed for databinding
(for doc/lit of course) so i do not see why this needs to be baked in
WSDL codegen.

if i already run databinding codegen (Castor, Xmlbeans) and generate
classes corresponding to schema types/elements why would i ever want to
do this again?

>Ajith! btw, if the user writes his own extension... should he
>necessarily add that one into axis2 code and recompile the whole thing
>and use the resulting jar, or can he 'plug' that one through some
>config XML file or command line option during code generation? The
>later feature if present, would be very nice.

i think there should be split between stub/skeleton generation (both are
not needed with Java reflection, dynamic proxy, and/or byte weaving
capabilities) and databiding code generaiton wich is orthogonal to
stubs/skeletons IMHO.

thanks,

alek