axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Testing databinding and generated code
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:29:13 GMT
jayachandra wrote:

>Hi there,
>I planned to test a stub based style of invocation with this wsdl
>[attached below- SimpleTest.wsdl].
>Its the wsdl for a webservice which hosts a method of the signature
>public String echoString(String inputString);
>I started with wsdl2java to generate stubs for me. I then set out to
>write a test client (this was lacking from wsdl2java artifacts that
>got generated) that would just assume as if it was invoking a local
>method named echoString on the stub. Strangely the method signature of
>echoString(..) in the generated stub is seen to expect an XMLBeans
>specific EchoStringDocument kind of object as its input parameter.
>This makes us think that data binding is not facilitated to the user
>fully. User shouldn't have to bore the onus of creating an
>EchoStringDocument object and pass it as parameter to the stub method,
>at least when he is using the stub based invocation, isn't it? Is this
>feature on our wish list or am I missing something!?!

user is not sending a string but

                       <element name="echoString">
                         <complexType>
                           <sequence>
                               <element name="inputString"
type="xsd:string" nillable="true"/>
                           </sequence>
                         </complexType>
                       </element>

that is sequence with exactly one element that maps to
EchoStringDocument  (methos names is really irrelevant in doc/literal).

alek