axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2]Data binding API?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 05:25:55 GMT
Hello Dennis,

 The internals of the Databinding framework are as follows

 1. We have something called extensions that run before the actual
code generator. For XMLBeans we have an extension that takes the
Schema element from the WSDL file and feeds it into the XB schema
parser. The logic of XB is completely inside the XB extension. After
the XB code generation, a type mapper is populated with the generated
types and passed on to the Axis2 code generator.
 2. The generated classes include something called the
DataBindSupporter. DataBindSupporter has 'toOM' and 'FromOM' methods
which accept either a generated object and or the omelement
respectively and does the necessary conversion. The databinding logic
is completely inside the databinding supporters.

 So as you can see the codegenerator is completely based on the
strategy of passing a schema element and getting the type map. You can
customize it with minimum effort. In particular have a look at the
XMLBeansExtension.java class in the
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension package

As for the MTOM support we have not yet thought about it seriously (I
mean how it affects code generation :)). Since MTOM is solely a
transport time thingy (no description of it in the XSD or the WSDL) we
were thinking of a user switch in the tool that will generate a
slightly different bunch of code which optimizes the output.

--
Ajith Ranabahu