axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: svn commit: r331245 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/core/src/org/apache/axis2: Constants.java context/MessageContextConstants.java transport/http/HTTPTransportUtils.java
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:43:46 GMT
On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 23:07 +0600, Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> I'm 0- on this change....
> Are we going to introduce inefficiencies cause Indigo has them. Anyway
> it's better we put it as a option. But do we really need to do this...

It is an option .. basically what Indigo is doing apparently is using a
policy assertion to require that the MTOM packaging be used. So if
that's there, the client MUST send MTOMized stuff or its not accepted.
In order to be able to do it, we need to be allow the stub to request
this feature .. hence the property.

It will NOT be turned out unless needed for a scenario like this. I
agree with you the whole thing is crappy; the policy assertion should
say "MTOM is supported" not "MTOM is required" but until that's changed
the policy is what it is. In any case, this does not introduce any
inefficiency.

Sanjiva.