axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] In searching for a place for DOM impl
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:01:11 GMT
Sanjiva,

I think we should hold our horse on the dom stuff? Right now
security.mar will need it and saaj will need it. So having a separate
module is absolutely fine.

dom2/dom3 is a tricky problem. If we make some dom3 classes available
in axis jar itself as is being done now, we will land up in nasty
situations for classloader problems. Since the current use case is the
security.mar, having this code in a separate optional jar that is
loaded by security.mar (and associated classloader) seems to be the
way to go, IMHO.

thanks,
dims