axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Version # is now 0.93-SNAPSHOT
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:57:00 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Team,
>
> Default is now 0.93-SNAPSHOT
>
> You can now edit etc/project.properties to set the version # to what
> ever you want (OR) set using MAVEN_OPTS:
> set MAVEN_OPTS=-Daxis2_version=0.93-dev
>
> I personally prefer the MAVEN_OPTS so that project.properties is not
> accidentally checked in. and i like to set it to 0.93-dev so that the
> SNAPSHOT logic of maven1 does not kick in for me :)

yeah, I see that having it kick in at dev time is odd, as now that there
is a version in the repo, it is trying to download it.

but this is the exact behaviour I want downstream.

thanks for making it configurable, I  can tune it now (i.e. my version
can be axis-0.93.steve-snapshot) for isolation from the main repo.

-steve