axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Call/Stub refactoring
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:04:34 GMT
On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 19:09 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Eran,
>
> Found a way to make us both happy. Supports your scenario w/o making
> copies of stuff and fixes the 2 problems reported by me.
>
> Please take a look at the xsl's and Options.java and let me know.
>
> It's very easy to revert back if needed, all you have to do is replace:
> org.apache.axis2.client.Options _options = new
> org.apache.axis2.client.Options(_clientOptions);
>
> with
> org.apache.axis2.client.Options _options = _clientOptions;

We have a pending refactoring to share one instance of a Call per stub
instance. Doing that is critical as without that we can't do HTTP cookie
sessions for example.

When we do that, does your solution still work? So we'd basically have a
single Options instance per stub. Then even if you create a local one in
each method and set that to the call inside the method (which is fine),
any settings on the global one will affect the local one as well. Maybe
I'm not seeing the logic correctly .. ?

Sanjiva.