axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Problems with commons-logging - Very interesting
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:23:40 GMT
At 09:16 PM 12/20/2005, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>On 12/20/05, Ceki Gülcü <ceki@qos.ch> wrote:
>
> > how credible are the claims that the problems have been
> > fixed?
>
><sigh>
>
>please: let's not get personal

Robert,

My intention was not to offend you. I am sorry if that was the case.

>JCL is both technically challenging and very unrewarding. the only
>reason i work on it at all is that i had a very small part in it's
>creation and i feel some responsibility to the users. pushing JCL as
>far as it's design will go is an important step along the road.

Your dedication has been exemplary no question about that.

> > Would you care to expand on the fixes, alternatively point us
> > to a document describing them?
>
>IIRC brian and simon went through most of them last year whilst you
>were still lurking on list

According to my understanding, the root causes of the bugs have not
been fixed but their symptoms. More concretely, instead of throwing an
exception, JCL now catches them and defaults to java.util.logging.

> > Yes, indeed.
>
>this available at SLF4J yet?

Yes, it is.

--