axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Axis2] Sessions on by default?
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:46:22 GMT
On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 00:15 -0500, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> You mean, you will keep asking for a re-VOTE till every one agrees? :)
> Wish there was a re-vote mechanism right now where i live, there is a
> certain president... :) :)

:).

> But seriously, if you are so keen on it, please control the behavior
> with a switch in say axis2.xml, then convince a few people who have
> voted against it that it's a good idea to keep it switched on all the
> time. So let's do that for 0.94. We can revisit this with another VOTE
> in a few weeks. sounds like a plan?

I'm talking about the behavior of a stub .. so the only place to have it
user settable would be in Options to have a setMaintainSession() method,
not in axis2.xml.

I don't want to call for a re-VOTE. I'm satisfied we've at least
discussed my concerns and have heard from quite a few people now. I'm
happy to agree to letting it go for 0.94 and then see whether we get any
feedback. Hey if everyone out there is happy with client-side transport
sessions being off by default who am I to complain?!

> Please do remember that this VOTE was started because of your -1 to a
> check-in that i made. The effort was to gauge how many people thought
> that your opinion was the right one and to make a decision as a team
> because we had *NOT* discussed it on the dev list as to what the right
> behavior was/should-be.

Right- so just like my -1 you made the decision on your own to have it
one way .. at least now we've had the discussion and I hope you and
others see the merits of both arguments.

Sanjiva.