axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WSDL 2.0 is a non-goal for Axis2 1.0?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:38:17 GMT
Sanjiva,

We are facing the following situation:

Data points:
- AFAIK, Woden will not do WSDL11 anytime soon
- For a java class with no wsdl, we need a place to store
targetnamespace
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=113678047126352&w=2)
- For a java class with no wsdl, we need a place to specify the schema
namespace (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=113678152504708&w=2)
- If people  codegen stuff and don't drop wsdl's into META-INF "?wsdl"
is pretty much useless
- Even if they drop wsdl's that's problematic with imports
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=113686890610717&w=2
- You mentioned that we could flatten the wsdl's
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=113687004010150&w=2), how
is this different from keeping a wom?
- Original wsdl, annotations, services.xml all affect the service that
the user deploys, we need a model where this information is aggregated
(see http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=113686675028357&w=2)

Are these data points enough to make us revisit a decision?

thanks,
dims