axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Sightler <jsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GCJ
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:58:48 GMT
Yes, I think it would be significantly more difficult to get the whole
project to compile.  In my case, I was just running under IKVM in dynamic
mode, and using Sun's activation.jar/mail.jar for testing.  That setup
worked fairly well.

Trying to compile on top of a 100% free stack I think would still be
somewhat difficult given the limitations of GCJ at the moment.

--
Jess
http://www.jroller.com/page/jsight/

On 1/11/06, TEIXOEIRA@terra.es <TEIXOEIRA@terra.es> wrote:

> I don't know ... I tryed to run a test client I developed using eclipse
> with axis (pretty easy). It worked over Sun's stuf but when it came
> to compile it with GCJ I started to find problems regarding the
> javax.activation package, which isn't included in gcjlib/classpath project
> and, also, refers to awt (incomplete in gcjlib/classpath).
> Ok, I'm new to axis but, what's the point in using Sun's javax.activation
> ??
> Dims, as I'm new to axis (and web services) I don't think I can help much
> with this issue although I may give it a try.
>
> Thanks!

> ----Mensaje original----<br>
> De: jsight@gmail.com<br>
> Recibido: 10/01/2006 21:10<br>
> Para: <axis-dev@ws.apache.org><br>
> Asunto: Re:
> GCJ<br>
> I don't know about GCJ and the server functionality specifically, but the
> client code works nicely with GNU Classpath 0.19
> (tested under IKVM).&nbsp; I would suspect that most of Axis would work
> nicely as well.<br><br>I wouldn't recommend it without some fairly
> thorough testing, but the technology there is maturing quite rapidly.
> class="gmail_quote">On 1/10/06, <b
> class="gmail_sendername">Parikh,Pratik</b>
> <<a href="mailto:Pratik.Parikh@cerner.com">
> Pratik.Parikh@cerner.com</a>> wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote"
> style="border-left:
> 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
using
> gcj? Since there is no support for it, and it is not perfect!
> |
> (1)-816-201-1298 | <a href="mailto:pratik.parikh@cerner.com">
> pratik.parikh@cerner.com</a> | <a href="http://www.cerner.com">www.cerner.
> com</a><br>
> href="mailto:davanum@gmail.com">davanum@gmail.com</a>]
> axis-dev@ws.apache.org">axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> </a>; <a href="mailto:
> yet. Can you please help us do it?<br><br>thanks,
> TEIXOEIRA@terra.es
> </a> <<a href="mailto:TEIXOEIRA@terra.es"
Are there any
> initiatives to port axis to gcjlib? Did someone manage<br>> to
> compile axis with gcj? And, if so, where can I find these libs?
Prueba el Nuevo Correo Terra;
Srinivas : <a