axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session Context
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:20:01 GMT
 Hi Guys,,

 I really need some help to figure out the following, and answers are
greatly appreciated. These questions are based on discussions I had with
Sanjiva regarding clustering.  I will also start a different thread to
discuss these points to get more input. Some of the questions will be very
trivial, so pardon my ignorance.

 I really need the info for a prototype I am trying to implement. I can do
it the hard way by going through all the code or take the easy route by
simply picking your brain. I hope u guys want mind that.

 1) If a service is deployed as Session Scope what is involved in terms of
maintaining the session?
 Some pointers to the code and a general description is great.

 2)Is this working currently in Axis2 or yet to be developed? Any examples
or doc on this will be great.

 3)What is the purpose of SessionContext ?? I assume it plays a major role
in session scope, but to what extent??  Do u have the design or requirements
that led to the existence of SessionContext.
    If can I understand the original thinking behind it then I can have a
better idea in terms of what should be distributable within the session
context.

4) Exactly what will be stored within the SessionContext ??
    Currentlly are we storing non-serializable information within the
context that are ciritcal for a session?

5)I assume the following relationship.  ServiceContext holds several
SessionContexts (multiple clients accessing the service with a session of
their own). And SessionContext holds several Operational Contexts and in
turn several MsgContexts.

Is this assumption correct?
Sorry for the long list, your help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu.