axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Transport independent Session Mgt [Proposal] Now in Wiki for comments
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 04:09:08 GMT
Hi Srinath,

See comments in line

On 1/22/06, Srinath Perera <hemapani@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rajith;
>
> A)
> I agree on principally having a protocol independent layer and define
> a session representation on the context hierachy is the way to go! and
> we have it abstractly with ServiceContext and ServiceGroupContexts.
> But I do not like idea of including that without at least ONE
> implementations as that will not help anyone other than few intersting
> emails.
>
> What I thought was if we are going to invent some header that is our
> own, we as well better use WS-Context ones.

I am not going to itroduce a new header, as I understand the service grp ctx
is passed around to maintain the notion of a session id.
I will reuse it. Look at the Calculator example.

>B) I belive we need to define clearly does sessions span over multiple
>ServiceGroups
We have to do that, The proposal comes up with User Context to do that.

>1) If YES we need a new context, and I belive both the ServiceContext
>as well as ServiceGroup context are REDUNDENT and we can provide all
>functionality we expect with new context only. (Design is complete
>when there is nothing to taken out)

Totaly agree, the user context will make service group context redundent

>2) If NO how we handle a Service which want to share in number of
>sessions?, there will be senarios we can not handle

Thanks
Srinath

http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xml05/ship/54/xml2005-wssessions.HTML