When I changed the generated services.xml by adding an entry for an operation like the follows, the deployment on axis2 failed, and the errors were something like class cannot be found.

<operation name="opName">
        <messageReceiver class="theMessageReceiver" />
 </operation>

However, everything is OK with the original generated services.xml .