axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Afkham Azeez <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Question about Axis 2 SAAJ implementation
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 05:28:20 GMT
>  The SOAPBody.getFirstChild() method is invoked.  The getFirstChild() method
> implementation should look
>  something like this.
>
>  getSOAPBody() {
>     // Get the object representing the first child from the delegate
>     doomNode = delegate.getFirstChild();
>
>     // If the doom node already has an SAAJ view, then use it.
>     // Otherwise create one
>     org.w3c.saaj.Node node =
> getOrCreateSAAJNodeFromDOOMNode(doomNode);
>
>     return node;
>  }

So you are suggesting that we should cache the SAAJ Nodes? May be we
can maintain a Map between SAAJ Nodes and DOOM nodes, any thoughts on
this?

>  Important notes:
>  1) The SAAJ objects are lightweight view objects onto the DOOM tree.
Agreed
>  2) All hierarchy information is maintained in the DOOM tree.  There are no
> pointers between SAAJ objects.
This is how it has been currently implemented.
>  3) The SAAJ objects are lazily instantiated.
Again, we'll have to maintain a cache for this purpose (a Map between
DOOM Nodes and SAAJ Nodes?)

--
Thanks
Afkham Azeez