axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Justin Schoeman <jus...@expertron.co.za>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (AXIS2-455) Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:46:31 GMT
Personally, I would love it if this was fixed! But I don't think turning 
off WSA is enough.  I set the 
org.apache.axis2.Constants.Configuration.DISABLE_ADDRESSING_FOR_OUT_MESSAGES
message property for outgoing messages, and it did not help.  It seems 
certain clients (dotNET and AXIS2) need the xsi namespace...

Please not bug AXIS2-479 which shows that axis2 clients are also 
affected by the bug, but to a different extent (they will successfully 
parse the xml, but cast the resulting object to the wrong type).

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Thanks

-justin

Davanum Srinivas (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455?page=comments#action_12368337 ]

> 
> Davanum Srinivas commented on AXIS2-455:
> ----------------------------------------
> 
> I think we need to fix this issue for the next release.
> 
> 
>>Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
>>----------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>         Key: AXIS2-455
>>         URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455
>>     Project: Apache Axis 2.0 (Axis2)
>>        Type: Bug
>>    Versions: 0.94
>> Environment: Suse Linux 9.3 Server, Tomcat 5.0, Axis2 0.94
>>Windows XP with Vistual studio .NET 2003 client
>>    Reporter: Justin Schoeman
>>    Priority: Blocker
> 
> 
>>I have been getting the following error message connecting C# clients to an Axis2
service:
>>There is an error in XML document (1, 877). ---> System.InvalidOperationException:
The specified type is abstract: name='DeviceID', namespace='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema',
at <clientID xmlns='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema'>
>>Following a discussion on the Axis2 user list (titled "Consuming Axis2 webservice
with c# client?", starting on 17/02/06), it was discovered that this was due to an incorrect
namespace in the Axis2 message.
>>The following is the description of the problem that Simon Fell responded with:
>>"xml schema type attribute is serialized with wrong namespace (should be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance,
is currently not namespace qualified)"
>>As a test, I recorded the XML response, and editted it so that:
>><clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" type="GenericDeviceID"
id="12345" />
>>became:
>><clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" xsi:type="GenericDeviceID"
id="12345" />
>>(I did this for every occurence of the 'type' attribute.)
>>The C# client successfully received the response (but the Axis2 client did not).
>>For testing, the wsdl and xsd files are available from:
>>http://nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/docs/Specification/November2005/XMLVend20.asp
>>If someone could give me a vague idea where to look in the source, I would like to
get a quick-fix going to get our system running.
>>Thanks,
>>Justin
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message