axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Axis2] MIME Parsing fails with Sun's JavaMail API Implementation
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:53:30 GMT
Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Hmmmm...Too bad...
>
> It seems the content-types generated by the two implementations are not
> interoperable.. Did you try using SUN Mail in both the client and server
> sides.
>

>> The relevant Content-Type header valueis;
>> multipart/related;
>> boundary=MIMEBoundaryurn:uuid:F02ECC18873CFB73E211412712924004;
>> type=application/xop+xml;
>> start=<0.urn:uuid:F02ECC18873CFB73E211412712924005@apache.org>;
>> start-info=text/xml; charset=UTF-8
>
>> The above header is Parsed successfully if we use Geronimo's
> implementation.
>
> We need to have a look at the MIME specs to see whether this is valid or not
> (Or a comment from a MIME GURU)....Then we can file a bug report to the
> appropriate impl...

+xml is the allowed way to declare stuff is of an xml-derived format,
but not everything handles it yet.

there is an errata for sun to fix their servlet xsd:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr154/errata204.txt

but it is not applied to the official schema, as of last month
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd

Probably safest to switch.

NB, the sun mail, activation implementations all come with glassfish;
the source is public on their license. Someone on the maven list is
working out how to rebuild and redist the glassfish versions (the
binaries have stricter restrictions than the source, see)

-steve