axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Simon Fell" <sf...@salesforce.com>
Subject RE: [jira] Commented: (AXIS2-455) Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:57:23 GMT
So your basic message is interop doesn't matter ? Doesn't seem right to
me.

Cheers
Simon 

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepal Jayasinghe (JIRA) [mailto:jira@apache.org] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:23 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: [jira] Commented: (AXIS2-455) Axis2 dotNET interoperability
problem with abstract types.

    [
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455?page=comments#action_1236
8233 ] 

Deepal Jayasinghe commented on AXIS2-455:
-----------------------------------------

I don't think this is a blocker for next release , I know that fact that
we have to fix the issue but I don wont this to be the blocker for next
release.

Comments .....  


> Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: AXIS2-455
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455
>      Project: Apache Axis 2.0 (Axis2)
>         Type: Bug
>     Versions: 0.94
>  Environment: Suse Linux 9.3 Server, Tomcat 5.0, Axis2 0.94 Windows XP

> with Vistual studio .NET 2003 client
>     Reporter: Justin Schoeman
>     Priority: Blocker

>
> I have been getting the following error message connecting C# clients
to an Axis2 service:
> There is an error in XML document (1, 877). ---> 
> System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type is abstract: 
> name='DeviceID', 
> namespace='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema', at 
> <clientID xmlns='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema'>
> Following a discussion on the Axis2 user list (titled "Consuming Axis2
webservice with c# client?", starting on 17/02/06), it was discovered
that this was due to an incorrect namespace in the Axis2 message.
> The following is the description of the problem that Simon Fell
responded with:
> "xml schema type attribute is serialized with wrong namespace (should
be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance, is currently not namespace
qualified)"
> As a test, I recorded the XML response, and editted it so that:
> <clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" 
> type="GenericDeviceID" id="12345" />
> became:
> <clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" 
> xsi:type="GenericDeviceID" id="12345" /> (I did this for every 
> occurence of the 'type' attribute.) The C# client successfully
received the response (but the Axis2 client did not).
> For testing, the wsdl and xsd files are available from:
> http://nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/docs/Specification/November2005/XMLVend
> 20.asp If someone could give me a vague idea where to look in the 
> source, I would like to get a quick-fix going to get our system
running.
> Thanks,
> Justin

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message