axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Commented: (AXIS2-455) Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:01:46 GMT
Hi all,
I'm surprised to hear that XMLbeans fails to do the right thing! May
be we need to redirect the issue to some of the XMLBeans gurus ?

Ajith

On 3/2/06, Justin Schoeman <justin@expertron.co.za> wrote:
> Personally, I would love it if this was fixed! But I don't think turning
> off WSA is enough.  I set the
> org.apache.axis2.Constants.Configuration.DISABLE_ADDRESSING_FOR_OUT_MESSAGES
> message property for outgoing messages, and it did not help.  It seems
> certain clients (dotNET and AXIS2) need the xsi namespace...
>
> Please not bug AXIS2-479 which shows that axis2 clients are also
> affected by the bug, but to a different extent (they will successfully
> parse the xml, but cast the resulting object to the wrong type).
>
> If I can help in any way, please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> -justin
>
> Davanum Srinivas (JIRA) wrote:
> >     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455?page=comments#action_12368337
]
> >
> > Davanum Srinivas commented on AXIS2-455:
> > ----------------------------------------
> >
> > I think we need to fix this issue for the next release.
> >
> >
> >>Axis2 dotNET interoperability problem with abstract types.
> >>----------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >>         Key: AXIS2-455
> >>         URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-455
> >>     Project: Apache Axis 2.0 (Axis2)
> >>        Type: Bug
> >>    Versions: 0.94
> >> Environment: Suse Linux 9.3 Server, Tomcat 5.0, Axis2 0.94
> >>Windows XP with Vistual studio .NET 2003 client
> >>    Reporter: Justin Schoeman
> >>    Priority: Blocker
> >
> >
> >>I have been getting the following error message connecting C# clients to an Axis2
service:
> >>There is an error in XML document (1, 877). ---> System.InvalidOperationException:
The specified type is abstract: name='DeviceID', namespace='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema',
at <clientID xmlns='http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema'>
> >>Following a discussion on the Axis2 user list (titled "Consuming Axis2 webservice
with c# client?", starting on 17/02/06), it was discovered that this was due to an incorrect
namespace in the Axis2 message.
> >>The following is the description of the problem that Simon Fell responded with:
> >>"xml schema type attribute is serialized with wrong namespace (should be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance,
is currently not namespace qualified)"
> >>As a test, I recorded the XML response, and editted it so that:
> >><clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" type="GenericDeviceID"
id="12345" />
> >>became:
> >><clientID xmlns="http://www.nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/base/2.0/schema" xsi:type="GenericDeviceID"
id="12345" />
> >>(I did this for every occurence of the 'type' attribute.)
> >>The C# client successfully received the response (but the Axis2 client did not).
> >>For testing, the wsdl and xsd files are available from:
> >>http://nrs.eskom.co.za/xmlvend/docs/Specification/November2005/XMLVend20.asp
> >>If someone could give me a vague idea where to look in the source, I would like
to get a quick-fix going to get our system running.
> >>Thanks,
> >>Justin
> >
> >
>


--
Ajith Ranabahu

Mime
View raw message