axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Nagy <n...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Conventions for task-related comments?
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:21:33 GMT
I wasn't trying to force my conventions on anyone; I was just trying to
make sure that I wasn't doing the same thing differently for no reason.

I put my userid in the actionable comments solely for the purpose of
identifying that I wrote them.  That way if someone else reads them and
doesn't understand why they say what they say, they know who to ask for
clarification.  (You can always dig through the log messages; it's just
a pain to do so.)

I use more than a TODO, simply for the sake of making it easier to
filter with an IDE or grep.  Here's what the different tags mean:

TODO: Identifies a missing or incomplete section of code.
FIXME: Identifies temporary/broken code.  (This type of code is
sometimes put in place as a stopgap just to get things working.)
REVIEW: Identifies code that may need further review.
JAVADOC: Identifies missing or incomplete JAVADOC.

-Bill