axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: svn commit: r395085 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules: addressing/src/org/apache/axis2/handlers/addressing/ addressing/test/org/apache/axis2/handlers/addressing/ core/src/org/apache/axis2/addressing/ core/src/org/apache/axis2/client/ cor
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 03:44:25 GMT
On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 22:43 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> which would remove all items with a specific relationship, right? then
> one would need one know which items are already present in the bag?
> there is just no way to clean up the whole bag w/o knowing what's in
> it. Also How would one know before hand all the possible relationship
> types that people can add. there is no way to enumerate what's in the
> bag

You can have only one relationship for a given relationship type .. so
the issue of "all" doesn't arise.

Let's please not solve a use-case that doesn't exist .. people aren't
going to dump relationships into this and then say "oops, damn, I
screwed up - I don't know what I put in there but really need to clean
out all the relationships!"

If that need comes up we can add it later. If we add this method now we
cannot remove it later. I'm a big fan of incremental development .. we
*know* we need add/get()/get(relationship) .. let's just put those in
and not put in additional unused, untested methods. (Adding a test case
does not constitute usage for me :-) ..)

Sanjiva.