axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Re: SVN Head - Current Build Time
Date Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:03:18 GMT
On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 11:21 +0200, Jens Schumann wrote:

> I should have noted that I am up and running now;). What I was referring to
> was just the process on get going: Just assume a user realizes there might
> be a bug or issue in Axis2 and want to help out. Shouldn't it take 1
> 1/2hours before the build spits out the first jar? Luckily maven did create
> invalid idea project files too, so it took even longer on my side.

I agree the first time developer experience is quite a pain right now.
Unfortunately that's become the nature of the beast: maven makes it easy
to depend on other stuff and for that to "magically" come down .. and if
its only just one more from some stage, its not bad. When its so many
new little pieces its a PITA.

The only thing I can think of is to jar up someone's maven repo and put
it up for download somewhere and say "if u want a quick start, drop this
in your home directory before you say 'maven'".

Sanjiva.