axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [axis2] SimpleHttpServer; was [ANNOUNCEMENT] Jakarta HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha1 Released
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:35:53 GMT
On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 15:30 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> HttpComponents will be a huge construction site for quite some time.
> This said, HttpCore is just a subset of what is planned, so we certainly
> plan to have its API and code stabilized much sooner than the rest of
> HttpComponents.
>
> I am lurking on this list, anyhow, to keep an eye on the HttpClient
> related issues. Whenever you think you want to do away with the old code
> based on HttpClient test classes, just let me know. Likewise, when we
> feel HttpCore is stable enough to power the SimpleHttpServer, I'll nag
> you (very gently) one more time.

Hi Oleg- we're currently in a cycle to get to 1.0. After that's done,
I'd certainly like to see the contrib from you to migrate to the new
base. If the server side code is good enough for production use that's
really very cool and useful for us! Even the client side stuff we can
fully use an improved version that gives us better control and
performance.

Thanks,

Sanjiva.