axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Service Scopes, what to they do?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:16:38 GMT
Hi All,

I have a question on the usability of the current scoping mechanism.

As I understand the current impl has the following scopes when we deply an
application

Application scope
Soap Session scope
Http Transport session scope
Request scope

But I think they can be collapsed into 2 simple categories

Stateful services and Stateless services.
Stateless  = (Application and Request scopes)
Statefull   =  (Soap session scope and Http Transport session scope)

So I am wondering do we really need to have this distinction. Can we not
just simply denote wether the service is stateful or stateless.

With the new session mgt impl we can simply categorise services as stateful
and stateless.

What do you guys think??

Regards,

Rajith