axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Refactoring WS Projects [ Was : Re: WSS4J 2.0(?)]
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:19:38 GMT
Unfortunately I do not agree with this.

Are you saying integration tests of Rampart and Axis2 should live in
Axis2? And you want to move Rampart out of Axis2?
For me these are two contradictory statements.

What if tomorrow, Sandesha, Kandula, Savan, etc., wants to have their
tests within Axis2? Do you agree?

The ideal solution I'd like to see is Axis2 project which has

1. the core of Axis2 which includes:

addressing
adb
adb-codegen
codegen
common
integration (without rampart, rahas test cases)
kernel
samples
webapp
wsdl
java2wsdl(we can move this out to commons)

2. The extension to Axis2 which are sub-projects of Axis2 which includes:
jaxbri
jaxws
jibx
saaj(having this in the core project is fine with me)
spring
tools
xmlbeans

3. Different sub projects under WS project for:
rahas
savan
security
sandesha
secpolicy

4. Promote Axiom and Xmlschema to separate TLPs.

-- Chinthaka