axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Julio Bayona" <jbay...@grupoburke.com>
Subject Avoid UTF8Encoder
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:22:49 GMT
Hi,

First of all sorry for posting on the developers group. I'm not an axis-dev
but an axis-user but I have read a very interesting thread in axis-dev
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110423520200001&r=1&w=2) about the
UTF8Encoder.

I'm using Axis 1.4.

I don't want to use UTF8Encoder because I want characters travelling
"as-it-is". I have read that Jongjin Choi proposed to "make a runtime option
(axis property in wsdd) for switching to no-escaping". Did you finally
accomplished this?. Is there a way I can tell Axis not to use UTF8Encoder?.
I have noticed that AbstractXMLEncoder does not parse the accented
characters (over 0x7F). Can I use this Encoder?... How to tell Axis to use
it?.

Thank you very much in advance.
Julio.