axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] What should be the version of the 'trunk'
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:54:49 GMT
IMO there is value in having verion-SNAPHOT when we're developing on a
branch as e.g. the Sandesha2 1.1 branch was made dependant on the
Axis2 1.1-SNAPSHOT so it didn't decome dependant on the trunk.

I'm ambivant about using a version number on the trunk. It's easy
enough to solve when we next branch (just bump the number on the
trunk) but it's probably clearer to users that we don't endorse the
SNAPSHOTs if there isn't an associated version number.

David