axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [Axis2] Maven2 plugin for mar building?
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:42:00 GMT
Forgot to copy the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Illsley <davidillsley@gmail.com>
Date: 23-Nov-2006 18:40
Subject: Re: [Axis2] Maven2 plugin for mar building?
To: Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>

On 23/11/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/23/06, David Illsley <davidillsley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We've stopped development of new function on the 1.1 branch to keep it
> > stable so it's easy to put out any important 1.1.x releases. I've
> > merged your changes across to the trunk and I'd like to remove them
> > from the branch. Is that ok with you?
>
> I understand the requirement for stability, but this addition is
> purely additional. In fact, it's simply a new directory. So, why
> remove it?

I've just removed it because even though it's purely additionaly right
now, if we want to make changes (like I just have [1]) it's easier to
only have to maintain one place. Additionally it'll be easier to keep
track of the status of the branch if the number of updates is kept to
the minimum.

> However, if you do, please do not forget to remove the modules entry
> in the tools POM as well.
Thanks for that.

I'll commit a pom for the addressing module using the new plugin in a minute.
Thanks for your help,
David

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=478629