axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Dean" <Tony.D...@sas.com>
Subject [axis2] policy integration
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:17:50 GMT
Hi,

Resending questions on axis2 policy integration...

on the subject of policies...

how do you attach a policy to a policy subject?  I remember seeing something about adding
policy configuration to services.xml file (what's the syntax here) which would then be automatically
added to the wsdl that gets generated.  I have configured axis2 not to generate my wsdl (i.e.,
useOriginalWSDL) so I guess I would need to add policy attachments to the wsdl myself so that
this information can be used by potential clients?

is the only way supported such that client and server can negotiate what policies are being
inforced?  isn't there a more dynamic way with WS-MetadataExchange?  please help me understand
all of the possible ways that are available for this type of negotiation.

also on the server and/or client side, what is the mechanism for individual modules to perform
their assertions... that is, if I have a security assertion listed in policy configuration,
I'm assuming that the rampart mar better be engaged and the engine will pass control to it
and let it handle any security assertions.  It will then add any pertinent information to
the message context?  is there any documentation on this type of interaction?

thanks.

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
919.531.6704