axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Modules for databinding
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 19:49:43 GMT
Hi guys,
I hope you guys remember we had some discussion about how databinding
frameworks should  be handled and we came to a conclusion that every
databinding framework should go into a new module (and invoked by
reflection through the relevant databinding extension). Following this
philosophy ADB, JibX and XMLBeans have been moved to seperate modules.
However I see that some of the databinding frameworks such as jaxme
and Jaxb are still in the old style. This I think needs to be
corrected (after the current pending release ofcourse :) which means
the changes would go into the trunk after the merge)
I do see a small disadvantage though. It increases the number of
modules! I'm not sure how a zillion modules will look in the eyes of
others :)

Any thoughts of how we go about doing this ?

--
Ajith Ranabahu