axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Proposal for saving the message context
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:54:08 GMT
Ann, David & Sanjiva,

I kept quiet all this time bcos, I was the only person who voiced my concern
about this issue a while back.
I will breifly outline my concerns for the benifit of thers (Ann has already
responded to my comments. Whether I agree with them or not is a different
thing)

a) IMHO if the context heirachy restoration is not brought back to the
original state then whats the point of serializing the context heirachy in
the first place.

b) As Ann mentioned before the idea or the value of the proposal "is to
restart a message in progress from where it was stopped w/o having to start
from the begning". IMHO this is not much of a value addition to axis2
compared to the complications in the code base required to achive this.
  Here is my point. We are spending far more processing power to save the
message contexts anticipating a server crash, than to have the aborted
messages start from the beging if a server crash occurred.

 If u pair it up with Sandesha2 we are garunteeing the excution of each
message, so we are not loosing any messages, but will restart processing
from the begining if a server crash occured.

c) Sorry for being blunt, but I honestly think, that this proposal is being
pushed so hard bcos it works with some IBM internal product.
   I actually don't care if this improves axis2 in some way or the other. I
think the complications introduced to the core far out weighs the benifits
provided by this implementation.

Regards,

Rajith

Btw, David, Can u please outline your concerns regarding clustering ? I may
have missed this.
Also I would like if u can explain the following comment a bit more.