axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Afkham Azeez" <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Axis2 descriptor XML tagnames
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 06:46:44 GMT
I've noticed that the XML tagnames in the Axis2 descriptors are
inconsistent. Some tags start with a simple letter (e.g. parameter), some
tags start with a capital letter (e.g. Description). Some tags are written
in camel case starting with a simple letter (e.g.  phaseOrder), some start
with capital letters (e.g. InFlow). Some tags are written in all simples (
e.g. axisconfig). This is very difficult for a WS developer to remember.

There are two major styles adopted by some of the popular application
servers for their descriptor files;

1. Camel case starting with a capital letter e.g. RepositoryLocation
2. All simples, separated with hyphens, e.g. repository-location

I strongly feel that we need to adopt a consistent style. On the other hand,
this change may break backward compatibility.

--
Thanks
Afkham Azeez

http://www.wso2.org