axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Badorrek" <mbador...@avoga.com.au>
Subject RE: Problems reading attributes
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 05:18:57 GMT
The databinding is XMLbeans. Seems fixed in the latest RC.

________________________________

From: Amila Suriarachchi [mailto:amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com]
Sent: Mon 4/16/2007 2:37 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems reading attributes

What is the databinding framwrok you use?
Can you test this with a nightly build or RC2?

On 4/16/07, Mark Badorrek < mbadorrek@avoga.com.au <mailto:mbadorrek@avoga.com.au>
> wrote:

	I have a soap request using axis2-1.1  to generate the client and server bindings.
	The client seems to render the xml just fine, but the server side seems to have a problem.

	Specifically, here is a snippet of code that is generated from the client:

	<Field Id="TOTALSUMINSURED" xmlns:ns0="http:// ***********************">100000</Field
<http://aon.com.au/ebixconvertortypes/2007%22%3E100000%3C/Field> >

	If I attempt to do an xmlText() on the element I get the following string:

	<xml-fragment Id="TOTALSUMINSURED" xmlns:ns0="http://*********************** " xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">100000</xml-fragment
<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/%22%3E100000%3C/xml-fragment> >

	This appears correct to me. This snippet is referred to in the generated code as a "FieldType".

	FieldType blah = fieldArr[i];    // OK

	String str = blah.getStringValue();   //OK

	String id = blah.getId();    //Fails - returns null

	'str' will be set to '100000', whilst 'Id' will be set to null. I would have expected 'Id'
to be 'TOTALSUMINSURED'.
	Does anyone else have problems retrieving attributes with axis2 or am I just doing something
silly here?

	BTW, where is snippet from the scheme:

	 <complexType name="FieldType">
	  <simpleContent>
	   <extension base="string">
	    <attribute name="Id" type="string" use="required"/>
	   </extension>
	  </simpleContent>
	 </complexType>

	Cheers,