WSO2 WSAS manages services via deployed admin services. Its an open source project so you can take a dip and have a look at it. Please have a look at the admin module cause thats what will interest you.

You can see details of the project here http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java

And also access the source code there.

Thanks,
Keith.