axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Displaying the Service Information on the GET request
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:58:15 GMT
Hi Ruwan,

This is certainly a good feature if you can add. But I can remember
XFire was doing something similar to this. This is how it worked, IIRC.

If you have a service (say Foo) with only one operation (bar) , then
when you invoke the service (without the operation name), then that
request goes to the only operation. Meaning both
http://<host>:<port>/axis2/services/Foo and
http://<host>:<port>/axis2/services/Foo/bar are the same.

If this bar operation adheres to IRI style (please check IRI style in
WSDL 2.0 spec), then doing a GET operation on this service should invoke
bar operation in a RESTful manner (oops, POX over HTTP).

So if you implement GET request to return the service description, then
there might be conflict. If you just invoke the operation with
http://<host>:<port>/axis2/services/Foo, then axis2 will send the famous
operation not found error. I know the above feature is not implemented.
, but that is something cool I saw in XFire.

This is just a suggestion and noway this should be considered as an
objection to your initial proposal. A small disclaimer ;)

Thanks,
Chinthaka