axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eran Chinthaka <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis2 architecture documentation
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:20:14 GMT
Hi Wesley,

One note here. Never ask what REST is and try to compare that with WS or
SOAP in particular. 100 people will come up with 100 different ideas
about it. Pure REST is still in the philosophical stage and everyone
thinks on their own. Anyway I have no intention to get in to the REST war.

If you are getting in to a new field and trying to understand new
domain, it will be bit harder for you to understand what it means. So
try to follow some guidelines Nick and Sanjiva proposed, like reading
the JSR and also googling. I hope you will find articles on Axis2 + Rest
+ WSDL 2.0 at least.

Another way to help us is, read our docs and see what is missing, what
is complex and what is still not working. All the devs here have seen
those docs thousand times or do not bother to look at them coz all of
these people here total geeks. So we really want different and fresh
perspectives on our code.
Perhaps you can start answering vast amount of questions in axis-user
list. Since you are a CS student, you have a better knowledge reading
code than some of the users. You can help answering those people.
Look at our JIRA, you might see some low hanging issues which you can
fix easily. Especially if there are issues with test cases, run them,
identify the problem and debug to see where the problem is and try to
fix it.

Those methods are how you can help us and also will earn you the way to
get the prestigious committership in Apache Web services project which
will come handy on your CV.

Good luck.

Chinthaka